Friday, October 10, 2008

Sleeping Peacefully


Sweet Baby Chase is happy sleeping alone. I'm thankful for this now, but I have to admit that it makes me sad to see him sleeping alone. I am a big believer in the benefits of co-sleeping so seeing any baby alone in a crib just makes me sad....especially my own baby!! Hopefully it won't be long until this sweet baby is tucked in beside me every night....sharing sleep, nursing on demand, and feeling safe and secure in our bed.

Chase continues to make progress although it seems painfully slow right now. We are working on feedings and weaning off the oxygen. We dropped the continuous feeding and now he is getting 45ml over 1.5 hours with a 1.5 hour break in between feedings. We are at the hospital almost around the clock now which is VERY hard on everyone! Hunter and I take turns spending the night at the hospital. This way, Eli is always with one of us at night. Eli is spending quite a bit of time with me at the hospital and is doing so well! I'm so proud of him!!

I spoke to Chase's cardiologist this evening and she said that Chase is doing fantastic. She said that given the amount of surgery that Chase had, she is just completely blown away by how well he is doing! God has really had his hand on Chase throughout his short life and for that we are SO VERY THANKFUL!!!

We have not heard anyone mention going home yet, but we are hoping it will be the end of next week. Of course we would love to come home sooner, but I think the end of next week is more realistic.

I could blog forever, but it is my night at home and I'm looking forward to a nice, peaceful sleep! : ) Good night to all! : )

2 comments:

Laura-Marie said...

So happy to read he is doing better now. Hang in there, the floor is so difficult, and makes going home that much more exciting!

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

Glad he is doing good and hopefully he will get to home soon. Love the pictures of him and Eli.