Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Almost Home

Hunter and I have been at the hospital all day working on discharge....CPR class, dropping NG tubes (feeding tubes), getting flu shots, speaking with doctors, listening to instructions regarding oral feeds, gathering supplies, picking up prescriptions, making follow-up appointment, getting Chase's RSV shot, learning about oxygen. What a day! I came home to do a couple of things and pick up Eli. We are getting ready to head to BabysRUs and get a car seat and then we are going to get Chase and bring him home.

Needless to say, it's been a busy day. As soon as I have pics of our homecoming, I'll post.

A couple of quick notes....

This morning I told Eli that Chase was coming home. He looked at me, placed his hand on my shoulder and said....Are you so excited? My heart melted. What a sweet boy! He could see the excitement in my eyes.

At the CPR class, I had to complete a registration form. When it asked for the patient's name, I wrote Elijah Henley. I noticed my mistake, scratched it out and wrote Chase Henley. I just laughed and thought that they are going to think I'm crazy....I don't even know my own child's name!! : )

4 comments:

Laura-Marie said...

This makes me cry! I remember when I brought Jameson home, I cried the whole way home! What a relief for you guys, and what a blessing that Chase is finally to the point to go home and start living a normal life. He is so blessed to have such a caring, Christian family. Much love and prayers to you all!

Unknown said...

Oh Laura...I'm so joyous for you. This reminds me so much of when we brought Gianna home from the NICU. I wish you a glorious first day home with Chase. (And I hope you get some rest overnight.) Lots of love to you and your family!

Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...

This is so exciting!! What an answer to prayer. I can wait to see the pictures

Rebecca said...

YEAH- what a blessing- God is soo good!!!! I have tears in my eyes and wish I could bring you guys a meal. know that you are in my prayers!!