Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Jesus or Baby Santa Claus???

Today was just "one of those days" in the life of a mother with a 3 week old baby in the hospital that I haven't been able to care for, nurse, or have living in our home. So, rather than writing a boring blog entry about all my frustration throughout the day (and there were too many to count), I thought I'd share a funny story about Eli. It makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Several weeks ago Eli and I were walking through Hobby Lobby and we saw lots of Christmas decorations (WAY too early). There was a HUGE Santa and I said, "Eli, who is that?" He yelled, "Jesus!". Of course I explained that it was Santa and not Jesus. Fast forward to this past Saturday when we were walking through Dillard's. We saw a nativity scene and we stopped and explained to Eli that the baby was Baby Jesus. Later (like 5 minutes later) when we went back, I asked him who the baby was and he said baby Santa Claus! : )

Regarding Chase, he is doing well. We received lots of bad information today which frustrated me and I had a "mommy moment" when what they were doing to Chase didn't seem right to me, but in the end everything is fine and he is continuing to do well. There will be a room for him tomorrow on the cardiology floor and we will move tomorrow. (since they have been telling me this since Monday, I'll believe it when we are actually on the 8th floor!) ; )

2 comments:

waldorfmama said...

i'm happy to hear chase is doing well! and hopefully you will get your room on the 8th floor tomorrow. :-) sorry for your 'mommy moment' today, i'm sure those moments come with the territory. :-/ i think of you, hunter, eli and chase every day - sending prayers your way!

waldorfmama said...

oh, and what a sweet and cute story about eli! out of the mouths of babes. :-)