Monday, October 20, 2008

Another ER Visit

Yes another....Chase has been home 5 days and this is visit number 2. Hunter is taking Chase to Children's Legacy as I type. We learned a lot during the last trip....Hunter and I don't need to rush out and leave....one of us can handle the ER visit while the other handles things at home (i.e. Eli) : )

Chase has seemed uncomfortable during his feedings for the past couple of days. I'm convinced it's the yucky Portagen (some kind of super charged formula for heart patients) that he is on!!! I realize that I am a bit of a breastfeeding nut to most of the world, but I really think that it is time for breast milk! Anyway, we called the cardiology office and spoke with a nurse practitioner (sp???) and she told us to just watch him and make an appointment for tomorrow morning. About 30 minutes later, Chase's cardiologist called and said that we should take him to Legacy to get checked out. She didn't want to take any chances given all that he has been through. I can appreciate that. She was going to call the ER at Legacy and let them know we were coming. Hopefully, all will go well and Hunter and Chase will be home soon. I'm praying that they don't have to admit him.

I'll post again soon....please pray that all goes well. : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Laura...I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. Chase is a winner and a fighter and will be home soon. May God bless you all.

I wish there was something more I can do for you.