Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hospital

Chase was admitted to Children's Plano with pneumonia and some type of bacterial infection. This is his fourth time to have pneumonia in 13 months and his third time to be hospitalized for it. I really hope the doctors can figure out what is causing the chronic pneumonia so he is not in and out of the hospital his entire childhood. He is receiving IV antibiotics and after a few doses, he seems to be feeling much better.

I was really praying that we would make it a full year without a hospitalization for pneumonia, but we only made it nine months. I am very thankful for the nine months!! And again I am amazed when I think of how God's hand is in everything. Hunter has been working out of town, but this week he stayed in town due to some scheduled vacation. Reed recently started eating baby food so he is able to be away from me for longer periods of time (if necessary). Both of these things have made this hospitalization so much easier. Granted, it's not really the way that we planned to spend Spring Break and Hunter's vacation time, but it is all working out for the best! Proof once again that we really have little control over things......God is in control! How many times do I need this lesson?!? : )

Chase is feeling better and will most likely be released tomorrow! Love my Chaseman!!






Being silly for the camera
Hunter bought Eli and Chase HUGE lollipops from the gift shop....I always wondered who actually bought those things....now I know! : )
Silly boys.....
....no, SUPER silly boys!!
Goodness.....you can almost see all the way down Chase's throat! : )

1 comment:

Amy D said...

What a precious little family you have Laura. The boys are all getting so big! So glad Chase is doing better.
I loved the nighttime outside pictures too!