Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Arboretum

We went to Dal.las Blooms at the arboretum today. When we go to the arboretum during the week, we always try to go on Monday or Tuesday because they have free kids activities on those days. It was a VERY windy day, but we still had a great time. I am so thankful that Eli and Chase (and Reed) enjoy doing things like this. While we were walking around, Eli said, "Mom, I like looking at all the flowers with you". My heart melted! I get frustrated with Eli and Chase at times because they are so loud and rowdy but beyond all their craziness are sweet boys that like to look at flowers with mom.....who could ask for anything better than that?!?!

On another note, while we were walking through the arboretum today, I heard SO many people make comments when we walked by like...."Wow, she's brave" or "She's got her hands full" or "Goodness, three boys!". I don't know why, but I get SO irritated when I hear comments like this!!! I want to say..."No, I'm not brave, I'm blessed" or "No, my hands are not full, but my heart is full of love for these boys" or "yes, three boys....I couldn't imagine it any other way and I love them dearly and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!!" See....it irritates me! ; )





I didn't tell Eli to grab the flower....he did this big pose and told me to take a picture! : )
Chase got his face painted for the first time today. Eli wanted nothing to do with face paining until recently, but Chase just jumped right in today. Funny how kids can be raised so similar but have such different personalities when it comes to things like this! : )



The petting zoo....always a favorite!


They LOVED this goat! : )



My hopeless attempt to get a picture of all three boys next to flowers



A picnic....another favorite

And some beautiful, beautiful flowers!!!!


White Tulips....my favorite!!

No comments: