Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October Review & Pumpkin Bread Redo

Earlier this month I posted about everything I love about October.....well, there is only one week left in October (CRAZY!!) so I thought I'd review my list....

  • The State Fair of Texas - done.....SUPER FUN!!!  and yummy!  : )
  • Cooler mornings - some.....hopefully more soon
  • Pumpkin Bread - see below  : )
  • Honey Crisp Apples - not yet....haven't seen any yet.  Maybe this is a November thing ; )
  • Fall Festival at Church - Friday.....we are all SUPER excited!
  • The pumpkin patch - done and done....went to two different ones....loved them both
  • Beautiful fall foliage (maybe not this year b/c of the lack of rain)  ; ) - not so much....I think it's still too warm
  • Pumpkins - of course!
  • College Football (some of the best games are in October!) - super fun to watch!!   Gig 'em Aggies!  
  • Texas Rangers (this is a new one, but playoffs!!!!) - WOOHOO!!!  Rangers are up 3-2....can't wait to see what happens tomorrow night!  I think the Rangers will win in 7 although I hope it's 6 (game 7s make me so nervous!!)

So, I tried the new pumpkin bread recipe again, but this time I used self-rising flour rather than all-purpose flour.  It was so yummy!  We all love it!!  We will definitely be making it again soon.  

 I made it in a bundt pan (and one mini loaf) rather than a big loaf pan....I think it turned out pretty.  Thanks to Mommy's Kitchen for the recipe and the idea.

A little too much powdered sugar, but still pretty and YUMMY


No comments: