Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Big Orange Pumpkin Farm

I've heard several people lately say how they just don't like October, mainly because of Halloween.  Honestly, I really don't understand that.  I am a Christian and I don't like the scary stuff about Halloween and I don't like all the scary Halloween stuff in the stores, but I LOVE the month of October!!  Actually, October is probably one of my favorite months.....a few reasons.....
  • The State Fair of Texas
  • Cooler mornings
  • Pumpkin Bread
  • Honey Crisp Apples
  • Fall Festival at Church
  • The pumpkin patch
  • Beautiful fall foliage (maybe not this year b/c of the lack of rain)  ; )
  • Pumpkins
  • College Football (some of the best games are in October!)
  • Texas Rangers (this is a new one, but playoffs!!!!)
How can you not LOVE October?!?!  : )

Today, we officially started our fall celebration with a trip to the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm with Eli's Kindergarten class.  We had so much fun!!



 Eli and Chase LOVED all the animals, especially the longhorns.  I don't know why, but they love longhorns.....gosh, that's even hard to say/type!  ; )

 Eli enjoyed all the animals....I think he would have stayed with the animals all day if I let him.

Beautiful pumpkins....I love pumpkins.  : )



Chase, Eli and Eli's great friend, Jacob from Kindergarten.




Playing hide and seek in the hay maze
A very friendly butterfly joined us for lunch.  It landed on several of the kids.  Eli enjoyed getting a close up view of the butterfly.

 Reed chose a pumpkin from the patch....a small one made just for him  : )


Chase's only attempt to feed the animals.  He liked seeing the animals but did not enjoy feeding them.  He's always scared the animals are going to "eat him"  : )

No comments: