Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mixers & Recipes

I got a KitchenAid mixer for my birthday....are you officially old and/or boring when you start getting kitchen appliances for your birthday???  Anyway, I never understood all the fuss about these mixers until I borrowed my mom's mixer to make the frosting for Chase's birthday cake.  Oh my goodness.......they are wonderful!!!  Then, one showed up on my doorstep about a week before my birthday!  ; )  Thanks, Hunter!  Hunter uses it too.....he has been mixing everything....even things that don't really require a mixer....like cookie dough.  : )


With Fall in the air (even though it's still close to 90 degrees every day!) and all the Fall festivities underway, Eli and I decided to make some pumpkin bread.  I have a recipe for it, but decided to try a new recipe from Mommy's Kitchen.  I LOVE her website and every recipe I've made has been wonderful.  Well....we learned our lesson......if the recipe calls for self-rising flour, you should probably use self-rising flour.  We did not and the bread did not turn out at all!  We were all SO disappointed! :( But, I now have self-rising flour and we will be trying the recipe again....maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday since the temps are going to drop here and it may actually feel like Fall.  At least for a couple of days anyway ; )

No comments: