Saturday, September 20, 2008

Making Progress

Chase continues to make progress. Today, the chest tubes were removed. They were planning to remove his ventilator, but his breathing is a little too fast, so they decided to wait until tomorrow. Please pray that he will do well without the vent and that his breathing will slow down a little.

Hunter and I have been visiting Baby Chase in shifts.....I've been going in the morning and Hunter visits in the afternoon/evening. We have been limiting our time there a little b/c Chase really responds to our voices and our touch. We are SO happy about that, but sometimes when we are visiting him, he doesn't seem to get any rest. In fact, it is just the opposite. He gets so excited that his breathing is rapid and he has a hard time calming down. We enjoy every minute that we are there and think about him every second we are away from him.

When I was visiting today, I was hidden in the back of his room pumping milk when a dr came in the room. I don't think he knew I was back there....I overheard him say that Chase looked like a million bucks and that he is doing fantastic. That made me so happy to hear one of his drs say that!!! I realize that he is still a sick little boy and that we have a LONG road ahead, but it is so good to hear drs make positive comments!! : )

Thank you again for all the prayers!!!! We have received so many calls, emails and text messages and please know that we appreciate EVERY one! I know that I haven't been able to respond to all, but I REALLY appreciate them!!!! They are so encouraging to us. I don't have the words to tell you how much all the prayers and thoughts mean to us....just know that we couldn't be where we are without them!!!

Love to all!!! : )

No comments: