Thursday, September 25, 2008

2 Weeks Old!

Can you believe it???? Chase is 2 weeks old today!!!!

Chase is doing well....continuing to make slow progress. They decided to wait another day or two to take out the lines that go directly to his heart. So, that means another day or two until we get to hold him. : The day will come.

I visited him this morning and the nurses said that he was very opinionated earlier in the morning. One referred to him as a "pistol"! That's my boy!!! I think he may have a similar personality as Eli. : )

I don't think I mentioned it yesterday, but I found out that he weighs 5 pounds. I thought that was pretty good....he's only lost 1/2 pound since birth. He still looks super skinny to me...I think it's because he's pretty long. Although I'm not sure how long.....we still have not been able to find out his length at birth. : ) Not to mention whether or not he has a spleen....somewhat of a running joke now! You would think that someone knows this info, but if they do, they are keeping it a secret! : )

Eli is doing well....he's watching a little more TV than I'd like, but that's what he likes to do when I'm pumping. He talks about Baby Chase all the time and asks how he is doing. So sweet!! I can't wait for Eli to meet Chase. I know Eli will be such a great big brother....he is so compassionate....just the kind of big brother that Chase needs!!!

No comments: