Monday, September 8, 2008

Last Weekend As An Only Child : )

With Baby Chase's birth coming up this week, we decided to make this past weekend "Eli's Weekend". Throughout the weekend, we tried to do some of Eli's favorite things. I didn't get pictures of everything like I wanted to, but I did manage to capture a few things.

On Friday night, we went to a high school football game. Eli loves watching sports so we thought he would enjoy it...and he did!! He also enjoyed a hot dog, "coke", and candy. : )

On Saturday morning, we went for our walk and then Eli made pancakes with Daddy. Eli loves to cook with Daddy...especially pancakes!

Saturday morning walk with teddy bears in tow.

Making pancakes
On Saturday evening, we went over to Ryan's house to have dinner and play. Ryan's Mommy and Daddy are great friends of ours and Ryan and Eli are about a week apart in age. The boys had tons of fun playing together and even had a little fun at the sink when Ryan decided to brush his teeth! ; )



On Sunday, we went to church and then to lunch. After lunch, we went to watch Eli's friend Kate play soccer. Again, Eli loves sports so this was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. After the soccer game, we stopped by 7-Eleven and got Slurpees....another favorite of Eli's!

What a great weekend....very relaxing and full of fun things for Eli! : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura,
I've been thinking of you. I hope all the best for Chase's birthday! I'm very excited to read all the updates on your blog. Hugs to you. I'll be praying.
Love, Maria (Gianna's mom)

Stephanie said...

Praying for you as you enter a whole new existence tomorrow. You've been on my mind and heart a lot as well as Baby Chase. I'm going to put something on my blog for people to lift you guys up tomorrow (and in the upcoming days)

lldaves6 said...

Greg and I have been praying for you, knowing that you are facing a life changing moment in your walk with the Lord when your baby is wheeled off to surgery. How powerful the relationship of trust becomes with our Mighty Father in that brave step!
We know first hand that Angels are standing charge over precious Chase and that Jesus is right there with Him during the precious hours of his birth and surgery today.
Our hearts are definately with you today and in the coming days as your family faces this journey.
We have asked our Lifegroup to pray for your family and they all were honored to do so.
The Lord says: "See, I have Engraved you On the Palms of My Hands"...Isaiah 49:16
We trust he is holding you RIGHT THERE today!
Love,
Greg and Lauren Daves