Thursday, August 7, 2008

OB Visit

I had another Dr appointment today. It went very well. I thought it was going to be a quick visit, but I was there for almost 2 hours! I was going to bring Eli with me and am so glad that I decided against that....2 hours would have been a struggle for him (and me!!) : ) I was on a monitor for a while to see how Baby Chase's heart responds when he moves. He was VERY active and his heartbeat was great throughout. Then I had a sonogram. Baby Chase is continuing to grow. He is now 4 lbs 2 oz. He has grown almost a full pound in 2 weeks. The Dr is very happy with his growth and development. I got to see 4D pics again and he still looks just like Eli! He opened his mouth and it was so super cute!! I have pics....as soon as we get them scanned, I'll post. His heart looks the same. The Dr wanted to see if he thought the left ventricle was getting blood and he says it is. Praise God!!!!! This is a VERY good thing!!!! We need his ventricle to GROW and blood flow will help that. The Dr was also checking for fluid around the heart. He did not see any nor did he see any signs that it may develop, but will continue to monitor it closely. I will have a sonogram once a week until delivery.

We are still on track for delivery on September 8 or 9....that is in 4 1/2 weeks. YIKES!!! I can't believe it is so soon! I am ready, but am getting VERY anxious.

Please continue to pray for Baby Chase, specifically for his right ventricle to GROW, GROW, GROW! : ) Also, pray that no fluid develops around his heart. This is a sign of heart failure and if any develops, we would deliver immediately.

I can't thank you enough for your prayers! We feel them all the time, but need them now more than ever! I have been feeling very anxious and a little sad about everything lately. I know that God is in control, but this is a hard, scary thing!! I REALLY appreciate your prayers! : )

4 comments:

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

Glad you had a good ob appt and we will be praying for everything you mentioned!!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. All the pictures are great. And to hear the updates on Chase are so wonderful. Prayers for his continued growth. We are going to try to make it on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous belly.

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

I'm praying for you guys! Wow, 4 1/2 weeks!! Can we hang out soon? We are really looking at Murphy as a prospective area to move to in the future, and I'd love to visit with you about it. Also, I want to see you before the big day!

Rebecca said...

I am soo thankful to hear the ventricle is getting blood flow and that baby Chase is growing!! cont to pray for you guys often!!!