Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Catching Up

We have been so busy and I have been taking lots of pictures, but haven't had time to blog for a few days. Finally, Eli is asleep early and I have time to catch up! : )

Blessings Shower for Baby Chase - My sweet friend, Caryn, hosted a blessings shower for Baby Chase this past Saturday. It was such a sweet time with friends and family. Everyone shared beautiful words of support, blessings, and prayers. As everyone was sharing, they made a beautiful beaded necklace for me to wear while at the hospital. It is beautiful!!!


Caryn made lots of yummy food!!






Imitating Mommy - Eli loves to pretend he is me. Here he is with my rings, my calendar, and my purse. When I ask him where he's going, he simply says, "Wal-Mart". : )


Hunter's Surgery - Hunter had back surgery this past Friday. I was a little (OK a LOT) stressed about the situation, but it has gone SO much better than I thought it would!!! Thankfully, Hunter has not had a lot of pain and he is able to get around pretty well. He cannot sit for very long, but he can stand and lay down. He has actually been able to work (from home) this week. He just stands in the kitchen with his computer. We are so thankful for how smoothly this has gone.

Hunter has to wear some compression tights on his legs - as you can imagine, he's not a big fan of this picture! : )
Eli spends time with Hunter on the floor next to him. Eli likes to lay on a swimming pool float that he used in the pool a couple of years ago.
We have been spending lots of time watching the Olympics!!


Playing with Mommy - Eli is a little obsessed with Chapstick....or as Eli calls it, Chapits. He was putting some on me last night and rather than rubbing it on my lips, he grabbed my lips and put it on. I felt like I was getting a lip injection rather than a little Chapits! ; )



We love to take pictures like this! So Silly!!!




2 comments:

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

I'm glad the shower was great! Sorry I missed it. Let me know if I can help you guys in any way, plus I have a gift for Chase!

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

What a neat shower! The necklace is so neat. Glad Hunters surgery went well!