Monday, November 7, 2011

10 Day Pledge....continued

I haven't been good at taking pictures, but we are still hanging on to our pledge although the kids have "cheated" a bit.  : ) I let them have 1-2 pieces of Halloween candy.  And, Eli went to the NASCAR race on Saturday and from what I hear, he ate quite a lot!  Hunter and I haven't "cheated" at all!!

Day 4:  Whole Wheat Pizza - this was super yummy!  I made the crust and it was really easy to make.  We always have a problem with Eli and supper so I let him decide the toppings so that he would eat it.  He chose half cheese, half bacon.  We all enjoyed this and will definitely eat it again!

Day 5:  Fajitas - these were the best fajitas I've ever made!  I was supposed to make the whole wheat tortillas, but after the disaster that I had with the corn tortillas, I made a quick trip to Whole Foods and found some 100% whole wheat tortillas with no sugars or other sweeteners.  Everyone love this recipe and I will make it again soon!

Day 6:  On your own - Sunday in our house is usually "on your own" for supper....meaning, Mom's not cooking  : )  I was actually at the NASCAR race with my Dad so Hunter fed the kids.....eggs and toast.  Not too much to this meal.....and of course they liked it.

Day 7:  Pasta with Alfredo Sauce and Chicken - this was a good recipe, but I'm not a huge fan of Alfredo sauce so I didn't love this.  And, this must have been VERY high on the fat content scale.  I'm not used to eating extremely fatty food so pasta covered in sauce made from butter, heavy whipping cream, and cheese was a little much for me.  Hunter felt the same way.  The kids loved it though.  : )  Doesn't it always work that way?!?

A couple of things worth noting......I have been serving cucumbers (Chase calls them pickles) at lunch and I make Chase eat his before he gets any chips.  He eats them, but has not been a huge fan.  Well today....Chase said "more pickles please"  : ) WooHoo!!

Another thing....Eli usually begs me to stop at McDonald's or Chick-fil-a for lunch after school.  Today he didn't mention either and when we got home he asked for "some of that yummy salad" for lunch.

Also, I made some pumpkin bread.  It is good, but different that the pumpkin bread that we are used to eating.  The pumpkin bread that I made a few weeks ago had 3 CUPS OF SUGAR!!  This recipe had no sugar, but 1/2 cup honey.

Anyway, all is going well.  Hunter and I were both wanting something sweet....like candy......all day today, but neither of us caved!  ; )

No comments: