Thursday, November 3, 2011

10 Day Pledge - Day 2 & 3

We are continuing our 10 day pledge of eating real food.  Thankfully, day 2 and day 3 were much better and easier than day 1.  I made some cheese crackers for snack.  The recipe was pretty easy (just 3 ingredients).  Chase and Reed liked the crackers, but Eli didn't care for them too much.  It's interesting to see who likes the various things that I'm making.  Reed seems to like everything, but Chase and Eli could go either way.  Anyway, the crackers seem to be a success and will be a replacement for snacks like goldfish or cheddar bunnies.



 Trying the crackers.  Reed doesn't have a very nice look on his face, but he really did like them!  : )
 Day 2 supper was crock pot chicken, purple hull peas and salad.  The chicken was VERY easy to make, but a little challenging for me to cook a whole chicken.  I'm not a big fan of touching raw meat and a whole raw chicken is gross and freaked me out a little.  Actually, Eli had to help me put it in the crock pot!  : )



 This picture doesn't look that great, but the food turned out SO good!  I loved the chicken recipe and of course we loved the fresh purple hull peas from our local farmer's market.  This meal was a hit.  Everyone loved it!!



I forgot to take pictures of our Day 3 food, but it was yummy and EASY.  We had chicken noodle soup for supper.  We all really enjoyed it.

So far, so good.  Seven more days of our 10 day pledge.  The hardest part for me has been my morning coffee.  I would LOVE to have some with Splenda and cream.  But, I am surviving without.  Today I actually drank a latte without Splenda.  It wasn't the best, but I got used to it.  I think the hardest part for the kids is cereal.  They ask for it every morning, but I just tell them we don't have any and then offer oatmeal, eggs, or toast.  They seem satisfied, but I don't know how long that will last.  : )

For more info on our pledge and the recipes we are following, please visit http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

No comments: