Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Milestone

No pictures for this, but Chase reached a huge milestone. No Paci! Chaseman LOVED his paci, but now after 2 1/2 weeks it is just a memory. : (

I didn't set out with a goal of losing the paci, it just happened. I could not find it one day so he just did without. He didn't complain much so I decided to see what would happen at bedtime. He asked for it a couple of times, but no screaming or crying. Don't tell Chase, but if he did scream or cry, I would have found one....I was totally ok with him still using one and I wasn't going to let him get too upset over it. Anyway, first night was so easy. Then the easy just continued. He asked for it on occasion and at night he would get very close to me in bed and whisper, "Momma, I need something." : ) But he would just fall asleep. Now he doesn't even ask for it. I guess he was just ready.

I feel like we got lucky with Eli and Chase....both were SOOOO easy when giving up the paci. Next is learning to use the potty. : ) But let's let the paci thing settle in for a while and then we'll start on that! : )

No comments: