Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last Day of Preschool

May 18th was Eli's last day of preschool. I cannot believe he will be in Kindergarten next year! We are super proud of him and all he accomplished this year. He had lots of fun, had some wonderful teachers and made lots of new friends.

It seems like yesterday, when I took this picture and wrote about his first day of preschool. The school year goes so fast!! I wonder if school teachers feel the same way?!?!
Eli had five wonderful teachers this year. Granted this is my first experience with teachers, etc., but all of Eli's teachers seemed so loving and caring. We were really blessed. And, his music teacher happened to be one of my best friends in middle school....that was an extra treat. Eli loved hearing stories about me and Mrs. Robyn. Eli wanted to give each teacher a gift.....
....so we got them some personalized note cards from Amy Adele (love, love this website/store!) and a jar of M&M's with a sweet poem to go with it. We found the idea for the M&M's on the Mommy's Kitchen website (another website I LOVE). And Eli wrote cards for all the teachers....I actually wrote them, but he told me what to write. It was so cute and funny....he told one teacher that he hoped she could go to Hawaii or Arkansas this summer. : )
Eli also wanted to give something to everyone in his class....yikes! there were 24 kids in his class....but we were able to find a few goodies at Mardel and made little gift bags. It was fun and Eli did most of the assembling. : ) I love that Eli seems to have such a giving heart. He always wants to give to others. What a blessing!

No comments: