Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fun Christmas Project

In a recent Pottery Barn catalog, I saw an advent calendar that had a Christmas ornament for each day in December (see the link below)

Anyway, I loved it and thought that Eli would have fun with it. So I considered buying it until I saw the price......$129 for the board which did NOT include the ornaments. The ornaments were another $200. Needless to say that is WAY outside of my price range for a "fun thing for Eli". So, I decided to make one. Eli helped me paint the cork board and then I did everything else after I put him to bed last night. It took a total of 1 1/2 hours and cost just $22 for everything including the ornaments!! I showed it to Eli when he woke up this morning and he LOVED it. He has been playing with the ornaments today. It was a super easy craft project....and for me, "super easy" and "craft project" are not commonly used in the same sentence! : )

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

what a FANTASTIC and GREAT idea Laura- I LOVE IT! can not wait to make one for Tal- I keep checking them out in the stores but have not given in and paid what the stores want for these things! This actually looks like I might can do this. where did you get your ornaments from- they are really cute!

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

Wow that is such a neat idea. I am not sure if Kaelyn would have fun with it this year, but I will keep it in mind for next year. Very creative.

Michelle said...

That is so cute. I like yours better than the PB one because of the pretty red. Great idea! Where did you get your ornaments?