Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Big Day at Church

Eli had a VERY big day at church today. For the past several months, Eli has not stayed in the nursery at church because he just did not feel comfortable. He would cry and cry every Sunday until I was called out of church to pick him up. So, I stopped leaving him in the nursery for several months until I felt he was ready to try again.

Last Sunday, we decided to try it and he did much better. He did not cry much although he had to be held the entire time. This week, he did not cry. AND, he even played with the toys and other children and seemed to have a good time. It was a big day!!!!!!! I'm sure we'll still encounter some crying, but we're making progress.


2 comments:

Howard said...

Yeah, Eli! Caden really seems to like the big boy room (ya know- down the hall- is it 153?) better than the baby rooms. I think he thinks the toys are more interesting and there's more going on. Also, they have the same lady in there every Sunday at 8 and she is FABULOUS!

Rebecca said...

WAY TO GO ELI!!!!! what a big boy=) I know mommy and daddy are soo proud of you=)