Friday, April 13, 2012

Garden 2012

We planted a garden again this year.  This is our second year and I think we will have better results this year.  We got lots of veggies last year, but our cucumbers and squash didn't work.  I have high hopes this year!  This year we planted cucumbers, onions, spinach, beans and squash.  We are also planting some herbs and tomatoes in pots.  I really hope the herbs work...especially the basil.  I LOVE basil but it is so expensive.  I've really changed the way we eat (mainly food sources) and it is a little more expensive so growing our own food will hopefully help the budget a little.  I prepared the dirt in the garden and then Eli planted all the seeds.  I was so proud of him.  He has worked really hard and I think he really enjoys it.  I hope we get lots of yummy food!  : )



No comments: