Monday, March 19, 2012

Zoo Trip

Eli had two weeks for Spring Break.  Our first adventure was a trip to the zoo with some friends.  The weather was perfect and the zoo was not crowded at all because most school districts were not on spring break yet.  Reed loved seeing the animals.  Chase is pretty scared of all the animals, but he enjoys looking at them from a distance.  He tells me that he is scared that the animals are going to eat him.  I'm not sure where his fear of animal comes from, but it is very sincere so I respect it and don't force him to touch or get too close to the animals.

While at the zoo, Reed wanted to walk rather than ride in the stroller most of the time.  Since it was not crowded, I let him walk.  He LOVES to do what big brothers and friends are doing and he did a good job of keeping up.  We were at the zoo for almost 6 hours and we were all exhausted.  I was tired so I can only imagine what Reed felt like.  He fell asleep at 4:30 on the way home and didn't wake up until 7:30 the next morning.  15 hours!!!  Now that's tired!!!  : )






 I just love giraffes!  I think they are one of God's most beautiful and unique creations (besides people, of course).
 Feeding the giraffes....check out that tongue!  : )  We gave Chase some lettuce and he just threw it over the rail.  : )  Too scared to feed the giraffe.  : )


 Eli's sweet friend, Jacob, is always so super sweet to Reed and Reed just loves him.  I love these pictures of Reed and Jacob.  I think they capture Jacob's sweet spirit and Reed's love for Jacob.

The boys watching a demonstration with Patrick the gorilla.

No comments: