Monday, March 19, 2012

G.reen Day

I remember as a kid how excited I was every year about St. Patrick's Day.  I have no idea why, but I LOVED that day.  I remember setting out clothes the night before that were green and wearing green pj's to bed the night before so that I would wake up in green.  Until this year, I've never been able to get the boys excited about "green day".  Maybe it's a boy vs. girl thing, but they just would never care about wearing green, etc.....until this year.  I decided to try to make it a really fun day to see if they would get excited about it and it worked.  They loved it and we all had a great day.  Now they keep asking  when is it going to be "green day" again.  : )

We started out the day by having green eggs for breakfast (picture to come later).  I didn't have any ham or I totally would have made it green eggs and ham, but instead we had green eggs and toast.  While eating breakfast, we read Green Eggs & Ham.  After breakfast, we got dressed in our green shirts and went on a nature walk.  Our goal was to point out all the green things that we saw during the walk.  We obviously found lots of green outside.  We also searched all of the clover patches in the neighborhood looking for a four-leaf clover.  We were not successful, but it was really fun trying.  When we got home, we wrote/colored in our nature journals about all the things we saw and found.  I showed them how to make a leaf impression with a green crayon.  Eli was amazed!  I can't believe we've never done that before.  

The rest of the day we just played outside and we ended our day with some frozen yogurt....Hunter and Eli tried the green flavor....I stuck with a mix of chocolate, strawberry and peanut butter.  : )






 "treasures" from our nature walk....I'm not sure a beer bottle cap and a plastic bag clasp qualify as treasures, but Eli thought they did!  : )
 Writing in the nature journal
 "and me"....Reed's favorite words.  No matter what I tell Eli and Chase, Reed runs up and says "and me".  He loves being just like his brothers!  

No comments: