Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another Good Visit

Chase's appointment with the cardiologist today went very well. She was very happy with Chase's progress. She thought he sounded very good and was happy with his weight gain. We are increasing the amount that we are feeding him, but will still be feeding every 3 hours. She was very impressed that Chase was nursing some. She told me to keep nursing him as much as possible. He had another chest x-ray which came back good as well. God continues to bless this sweet boy and amaze the doctors!!

The cardiologist is setting us up with a general surgeon for Chase's malrotation surgery. A complexity of his heterotaxy is that his intestines are not "tacked down". He will have surgery in March to "tack down" his intestines. I'm not really sure how this is done, but I'm sure I'll find out soon! As I understand, it's not a major, major surgery like his heart surgery, but it is still surgery on my sweet Baby Chase.

We are very blessed to have Chase in our lives. He is such a special little boy....as are all little boys (and girls)! Every day with him is such a blessing. He teaches me more and more every day. Thank you, Chase! : )

1 comment:

jules said...

I'm glad to know Chase is doing well!
Julie