Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wonderful Dr Visit

We had our appointment today with Dr. Wells, our new Ob. He was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! He was exactly the Dr that we have been praying for. He was so compassionate and seems very capable. He was very honest about the differences between delivery at Presby or Baylor and delivery at Parkland, but he said that they would do everything possible to make it the best experience for me. I couldn't be happier!!!

We also had a sonogram and Baby Chase is continuing to grow. He weighs about 2 lbs 9 oz. He's gained almost a full pound in 2 1/2 weeks! The Dr said his growth and development look great. He didn't look extensively at his heart, but Hunter and I both thought it looked different than in the past. It's probably just growing more, but I'm looking forward to our next visit with the cardiologist. I wonder if she is going to think that it is growing stronger or looks different???? I keep praying for that!! The Dr switched the sono machine to 3-D a couple of times and we got to see Chase's face. It was so sweet. Hunter and I were so surprised to see how much he looks like Eli! I LOVED seeing the pictures. His nose and lips are definitely like Eli's. I was just amazed by the whole sonogram. It is truly a miracle!!!!! Despite all Chase's health issues, we feel so blessed to have him and to be his parents. God has truly blessed us.....again!!! : )






8 comments:

Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...

so glad to hear that you found someone youwill like. What a blessing. We have been praying. Chase looks so sweet. i can't wait to met him in person.

Rebecca said...

soo soo thankful your Dr Apt went well!!!!! I am soo glad God provided a Dr to deliver Chase and take care of you!! cont to pray!! I LOVE the 3D pics- sooo sweet!!!

Michelle said...

I am glad you liked the Dr! Those are awesome sono pics - so neat to have those!

Crazy Cowans said...

ohhhhh! He is SO Cute! And you are right he lookes like Eli!! I am SO glad you like your new Dr that always makes thing better. Can't wait to see you next week!

waldorfmama said...

laura - he does look like eli! wow, great pictures. and i'm so happy about your new doctor. you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

I am so glad the appt went well! I know that has to give you peace having a great OB. I love the pictures. He is adorable! We will continue to pray for you all and once again so happy everything went well yesterday.

LeNeveu Family said...

Sooo glad you found a doctor you like. Great pics, that is so cool.

Crissy said...

I've been a secret blogger stalker for a few weeks now. I think I came across your link from Tallons. I am amazed how much the baby looks like Eli - the 3D sono is so cool. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Crissy
http://theyoungfamilyof5.blogspot.com/