Saturday, June 14, 2008

Less than 100 Days

Less than 100 days until my due date!! I can't believe it. And, it will likely be sooner than that because I expect to be induced sometime the week before my due date. I know the time will go by so fast. We have a trip to Alaska coming up as well as a trip to Arkansas. When I think about all our plans this summer it just reminds me of how quickly September is going to get here!!



I am excited about welcoming Baby Chase into this world, but this one will be so different. The joy of a new little one will also bring so many emotions. Emotions that I don't even know about yet. Ones that will happen when I see my sweet boy being taken into open heart surgery just hours after birth. Ones that will happen when I see my sweet boy after surgery and in the NICU. Ones that will happen during the time when I am at home and my sweet boy is still in the hospital. It's so hard to even imagine. I know that God will be with us....carrying us in His arms.



I am getting a little anxious about getting things done before Baby Chase's arrival. I KNOW that once he arrives, I will have NO time for anything for a while. I don't have much to do to prepare for his arrival...we're not doing a nursery, etc. I just feel like there are other things lurking that need to get done. You know, things that I put off over and over again. Yesterday, I pulled out the boxes of pictures that I have and started putting them in albums and scrapbooks. I have been perfectly fine with having them in boxes for years, but for some reason, I now want them in albums. Silly, I know!!!



On another note, I thought that Eli really understood the concept of a baby brother. We talk about Baby Chase and he seems to get it. Well yesterday, I found a picture of Eli when he was about 8 months old and I showed it to Eli. I asked him who it was and he said Baby Chase!!! So now I'm starting to think that he really doesn't get it! Oh well....he will soon! : ) I have also started telling Eli that Chase is going to need some extra care and that he will have to stay at the doctor for a while after he is born. Eli looks at me every time we talk about this and says, "Baby Chase needs to get his ears checked??" You can obviously see what Eli remembers about the dr!!! I think it is so cute an innocent. If only Chase just needed to get his ears checked!!!!

We still don't have an OB yet. I'm hoping to get that issue resolved early this week. My midwife recommended someone that delivers at Parkland so I am going to see if she could be an option for us. We have a marathon appointment at Children's on July 19. We will be touring the NICU and learning about the procedures there, having another appointment with the cardiologist for another echo cardiogram and meeting with the chief cardiac surgeon at Children's to discuss the surgery and talk more about Baby Chase's conditions. I know it is still a month away, but please pray for us as I know that it will be a very exhausting appointment.

Thank you again for all your prayers. God is so good!!

A friend sent me a letter that contained part of the 139th Psalm and she made it very personal. It is so comforting to me and I read it MANY times a day!

"For You created Baby Chase's inmost being; you knit him together in Laura's womb.
We praise you because Baby Chase is fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, we know that full well.
Baby Chase's frame is not hidden from You as he is made in the secret place.
When he is woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes see his unformed body.
All the days ordained for Baby Chase are written in Your book before one of them comes to be."
Psalm 139:13-16

2 comments:

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

Laura,

One of my college roommates helps deliver babies (she's a nurse) at Parkland! I'm going to ask her about doctors there and see if she would recommend anyone. I'll let you know what she says.

Becky

LeNeveu Family said...

Baby Chase is so blessed with parents like you. Going through all this will only make you stronger and better parents b/c you are trusting in Him. Still praying !