Sunday, September 16, 2007

ER Visit

Eli was not feeling well this morning and by the time that I returned from church (Eli & Dad stayed home), Eli was feeling very bad. He was crying so hard and I could not get him to stop. Also, he had a 103-104 fever and trouble breathing. We took him to the Children's ER at Medical City.....after 6 hours, several tests (including a spinal tap), and antibiotics through IV, the DR determined that he has a VERY bad ear infection. The DR thought he may have something more severe....that was the reason for all the tests. We are very thankful that all of the tests were negative. Eli was so strong today....he was poked so many times, but he did very well. I'm so thankful for Eli and his health!!!


Eli receiving the antibiotics through IV

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor Eli! I am glad that it is nothing really serious, though obviously the ear infection is no fun. I hope Eli feels better soon!

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

Bless his heart. I can't imagine all of those tests...but I am so glad it is an ear infection and nothing worse. Hope he gets better soon.

Rebecca said...

awe- I am soo sorry Eli has not felt well! ER visits are NO FUN!! ( we frequented one recently and had the iv also!! so glad it is nothing serious!! hope you guys all get some rest and Eli feels better soon!!!

Howard said...

oh my!!! Poor baby! I hope he's feeling lots better than he was Sunday. He looked SOOO sad. :(

Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...

We are so glad to hear that all is well. hope he gets to feling 100% soon.