Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Catching Up

We had a super fun summer!!!  Here are the highlights....this was hard.....I had 650 pictures from the summer!!!  : ) I love taking pictures.  : )

We went to Arkansas in July to visit family and celebrate Madison's 4th birthday.  We always have so much fun and the kids LOVE playing with Madison!

Chase & Reed
 Eli & Chase
 Chase at JumpZone (Madison's Party)
Madison's super-cute Tangled cake made by her very talented Mom, Dalaina....OH, and Jason (M's Dad) made the sun  ; )
 Eli, Chase & Madison at Madison's 4th Birthday Party
 Mimi & Reed
Mimi & Reed


We spent the 4th of July swimming and cooking out at the farm.  Lisa and her family visited this summer for a couple of weeks and were here for the 4th.  It's always wonderful to spend holidays with them!!
 Cousin John-John
Cousin Jessie 

Hunter taught Chase to swim this summer.  He does so well and now LOVES to jump in the water and swim to whoever will catch him.  He's a daredevil though....he'll jump no matter what so we ALWAYS have to keep an eye on him and stay close!!  : )
Chase jumping to Hunter
 Chase, Eli, Jack & Jessie
 Mommy & Reed
 Mommy & Chase
 Daddy & Reed

I made peach jam for the first time this summer.  I actually tried it twice.  My mom is a pro at this so I thought I'd try it.  It turned out pretty yummy for a first try.  And, it's kind-of fun making and eating sandwiches with homemade jam.  : )
 My first try at peach jam
 Lisa - my beautiful sister

Eli, Chase, Reed and I went to visit my sister and her family in Alaska.  We went in mid-July and escaped the horrible Texas heat for a couple of weeks.  We had a wonderful trip and the kids were AMAZING travelers.  I was very nervous to take them on the plane by myself, but it was great.  They were so good on the plane....they made it too easy!  ; )
 Mommy, Chase & Reed
Cousin Jack
 Aunt Lisa & Reed
 Aunt Lisa & Reed
 Chase, Jessie, Jack & Eli enjoying one of MANY meals on the deck at Lisa's home
 Chase, Eli, Jack & Jessie (do you know how hard it is to get 4 kids to look and smile at the same time?!?!?)


 The kids really wanted to go camping....so Uncle John set up a tent (in the living room) and they "camped"
 Uncle John even read books to them before bed : )
And....some pictures are just too hard to explain  : )

1 comment:

Amy D said...

what a precious family you have. Love seeing pics when you and Lisa's families are together. how fun! I'm always a bit jealous when I see you getting to go to Alaska!