Saturday, May 14, 2011

Garden Update

We are still having so much fun with our garden. Although, it is a little out of control....ok, ALOT out of control. But, this is a learning year for us. : ) So far, we've picked radishes and green onions. Our squash started growing, but have since shriveled up. According to sources I found on Google, they are not pollenating. I'm not 100% sure what that means, but I think they are just too crowded. Squash and cucumbers are HUGE plants (which obviously I did not know). They are growing like crazy and are smothering each other. I think I'm going to have to decide if we want squash or cucumbers and pick the others. I just hate picking some out, but if I don't I'm afraid we won't get either one.

The kids LOVE checking on the garden. I'm so proud of them and hope this is a learning experience for them. I love it too!




No comments: