Wednesday, March 5, 2008

143 Mile Stroller Ride!?

OK - this is a random entry, but here it is anyway. : ) At the beginning of the year, I decided to track how many miles I run this year and how many miles I run while being pregnant. I ran when I was pregnant with Eli, but I didn't keep track of how many miles and I really wish I did. Anyway, I started thinking about it and realized that 99% of the time, I'm pushing Eli when running. So, I looked back at my calender and we have run 143 miles since September 1. That means Eli has sat in his stroller for 143 MILES! AND, that doesn't include all the running we did this summer....we were running 20 miles a week during the summer!!!! That's a TON of stroller time!!!!!

The funny thing is, I remember trying to go around the block with Eli when he was 3-6 months old and he would not sit in his stroller for 1 block! I would go home and cry and wonder why my baby would not ride in a stroller! So, I gave up and carried him in a sling everywhere I went. (maybe he was trying to let me know that he wanted to be close to me for a little longer) I'm sure many people remember me taking Eli to the Arboretum when he was a few months old....I had to carry him and thankfully friends were helpful enough to push my stroller for me. So funny to think about that now! : )

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WOW- I bet Eli enjoys that "stroller time" as much as you enjoy your "run time"! I think boys just LOVE being outside!