Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crazy Week!

No new pics to post, but wanted to blog to let everyone know we're still here! We had a CRAZY week topped off with an even crazier weekend that included a ride in an ambulance!!! Yikes!

Eli and I have been sick...me more than Eli. And now, unfortunately, Eli is addicted to BOZ videos! And, if I have to watch another BOZ video, I may be sick again! : ) I'm kind-of kidding...BOZ is super cute, but there is only so much one person can take! Once I thought our week was under control...Saturday morning came. I was so excited to be going to a baby shower of a friend and about 15 minutes before I'm ready to go Hunter screams "I CAN'T MOVE MY LEGS!!!!" I looked at him and said what do you mean....just walk. He continued to say I CAN'T. Finally we realized that he did something to his back and he could not move! He made it to the floor but was stuck. After about 1 1/2 hours, he made it to the chair, but not without incredible pain. Meanwhile, Eli was VERY upset. He is very sensitive about Hunter and seeing Hunter in pain was more than he could take!!! So, I took Eli over to stay with my Dad and Hunter called 911. The ambulance came, gave him several shots so he could move, and took him to the hospital. Thankfully, Hunter just has a low back sprain and doesn't appear to have any damage to his back..no disc damage. He has been on the couch since yesterday evening. He is feeling much better, but still can't walk normally. It will probably be several days until that happens.

We are thankful that it was not more serious and we are looking forward to next week! One other note...Eli usually does really well in the church nursery now, but today I was called out of Sunday School...they said that he just kept crying and saying Daddy! Daddy! Isn't that sweet...but sad. He is so protective of Daddy and does not like it if all is not well!

Looking forward to the upcoming week, some fun pictures, and NO drama! : )

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh WOW- soo sorry about Hunter's back!! I can only imagnie how Tal would react if it had been Reeves- he is soo attached to his daddy!! That is sweet that Eli was still thinking and worrying about his daddy the next day!! hope this week is calmer and healthier=)

Howard said...

Wow! Yikes! Hope you all continue to heal and feel better. How scary!
Oh, and I hear ya on the BOZ DVDs. I never used to let Caden watch much TV at all until I was pregnant and sick and well, it was all down hill from there. Oh well.
Those BOZ songs get stuck in your head too, dont they?