Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Midnight Sun

We were in Alaska for the Summer Solstice. Each year, there is a big celebration in Fairbanks that is followed by the Midnight Sun Run, a 10k that starts at 10pm. Lisa, Jessica, Eli and I walked in the Midnight Sun Run this year. This is the first time that I have actually walked a race rather than run it, but given that I am 28 weeks pregnant, I thought I should walk. Lisa was kind enough to walk with me (she usually runs as well). We had a GREAT time. It was one of the most fun "runs" that I have ever participated in!! It took us about 1:45, but given that it took about 5 minutes to cross the starting line and we stopped a few times to get Jessie in and out of the stroller so she could run, I thought our time was pretty good (for walking).

At the beginning of the race....look at the beautiful sun at 10pm!!
Eli slept the first 30 minutes of the race.


I love this picture!!!
After the race - check out the daylight at midnight! This is as dark as it got during our entire visit.

As usual, Eli could not resist this puddle when we were leaving the park! Boys!!!


No comments: